Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rock Star

Alexis Is A Rock Star!!!!
For Melissa's 9 year old daughter, Alexis, I bought simple rock star letters.  They have a demo at the wood store, but it was a little "dark" for a 9 year old who likes hot pink, purple, and turquoise....and really what is the fun in crafting something that someone else designed.  I started by painting the wood letters a desert turquoise.  After painting the letters, I sanded off the paint on the corner edges of all the letters.  I used a dark brown rub-on stain on the edges for a nice contrast.  Here is the unfinished piece:


I used printed scrapbook paper on the R, C, K, and star.  When applying paper to wood I always seal the wood with a mat sealer when I am finished applying all paint.  I use Modge Podge to glue the paper onto the wood, let it dry and then apply a thin coat on top to seal/protect the piece.  I hand painted the skull and crossbones...and of course, don't forget the glitter.  There are about a billion diamond rhinestones on this for added "bling" and is topped off with a metal heart charms as a necklace for the skull and "k".  This picture is a bit small, I will try to get close ups of each letter from now on so you can see the details!

Materials:

Coordinating Scrapbook Paper
Onyx glitter
Paper flowers
Ribbon and fibers
Diamond rhinestones and jewels
Buttons
Heart charms

No comments:

Post a Comment