Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Gabby's Crown

Princess Crown
For Christmas this year, my 7 year old, Cayden wanted to make some gifts for his Dads fiance's two girls.  I was so excited to finally get the opportunity to make something crafty for girls!  They make some really cute things for girls, and besides, who doesn't like playing with glitter.  Gabby is three and loves the princess stuff.  I found this little crown at a local wood store and thought it fit perfectly.  Here is the unfinished piece:


The base is done in wood, and the top pieces are done in chipboard.  I started by painting the pieces.  I choose a light pink and purple of course!  Most people use vinyl to put names on wood, tile, etc., but I didn't have any...so I used my cricut to cut out her name out of a light pink and cream printed paper.  I used fine glitter for the top of the crown and found pearl accents and a butterfly at the local craft store to dress it up.  The hangers were painted with a pearl acrylic paint to stick with the pearl accents.  I had my husband, Noah, nail two small metal hangers on the back.  Cayden helped with all the decorations, glitter and 7 year olds don't really mix!  I finished the piece by sealing it with a mat finish sealer.  Was a fun project and she loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment