Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Wonderful Mother's Birthday Present

I had no idea what I was going to get Mom this year for her birthday.  But there were a few rules....My stepdad Frank says that Mom has way too much stuff in the house.  This "stuff" he is referring to are the decorations that make a house feel like a home.  And I definetly don't think she has too much of it! Plus mom's like it when their kids make them stuff...she still has the birds on a stick, as I call it, that I made a million years ago in summer vacation bible school...in the guest bath so everyone will see it in all it's glory.  So.  Following the "no more stuff for the house" rule, I decided to take it outside the house.  If you know my family, you know that the Utter Bunch tend to go alittle crazy on the outdoor decorations...seriously... So.  Frank never said anything about the outside:) Hehehe.  I picked up this birdhouse.  Mom really likes birds.


I painted the base color of the birdhouse sandstone, and the trim a light blue.  I drybrushed nutmeg brown, ivory, and gray over the sandstone to give it a worn look.  The trim was drybrushed with walnut and navy to make it match the paper I chose.  For me, this paper looks like my mom.  I thought it was perfect.  I hand painted the fence patches on the front and sides, going off the background pattern of the paper.  Make sure if you do something for the outdoors, that you seal it really good.  If not, your hard work goes down the drain.


Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment