Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Family

I finally got around to doing the Family wood letters that I bought a few or 6 months ago.  It seems I spend most of my crafting time doing things for everyone else!  I think it is because I am my own worst critic...and when it is for me I can't ever seem to get it right.  This time it turned out just the way I wanted.  FOR ONCE.


This particular set is HUGE...And given the place I wanted to put it, it needed to be.  The "F" is 16 inches tall.  I used printed papers from the "grandmas kitchen" line.  I wanted to use these colors for a scandinavian feel without the crazy bright orange and turquoise.  I needed something softer to tie in the colors in my kitchen.  I did manage to slide in some bright turquoise ribbon on the "F".  I kept this one simple, and the bling to a minimum.  I did manage to get some glitter in there...actually both the "F" and "Y" have glitter in them.


As much as I am not a fan of the floorplans in the homes here in Utah..pisst...they put their garages out in front of all there houses...HOW TACKY IS THAT????  Anyway, they do have these nifty nooks randomly placed in most of the houses...This one is in our kitchen/dining room over our pantry.  Turns out, I did need the big tall set.  Was a good fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment