Thursday, March 1, 2012

Easter Egg!


Ok, so for my birthday I took a couple of days off.  Feels good.  Did whatever I wanted.  And today, I wanted to start on my Easter stuff.  I finished my door hanger first.


I bought the set at the wood shop.  It is pretty simple, a wooden oval and three chipboard molding pieces.  I picked out my colors to match my paper, and started to paint.  Noah was horrified.  You should have seen his face after he saw these colors...I am sure he was thinking there is NO WAY that is going on our front door...patience...but seriously I was kinda thinking that too...yuck!


Ok, so now the dress up.  I cut out my papers, and glued them down.  Again, Noah was like "why are they all crooked???"  Geez, I am not perfect...but on a important note, it really doesn't matter if they are crooked when the seams are covered by something else.  Don't judge me...it does look bad!


Let's move on from the awful crooked paper to the fun part.  Glitter!!!  Are you surprised? I put glitter on each chipboard piece, except the yellow stripes.  Remember when you use glitter, you can paint your pieces a little darker color if you don't have the exact color you want, and apply a lighter glitter.  Hence the crazy colors I picked...Once I finished the glitter, I used hot glue to attach the chipboard to the egg.



Cute huh.  I used a silver wire for the hanger.  After applying the chipboard, I put some diamond rhinestones on top of the glitter and finished it off with a bow.


One Easter Egg Door hanger C/W!!!

Materials:

-Paper:
     -Purple felt paper by Doodlebug
     -Scallops (Double sided) Summer Days by Echo Park
-Acrylic Paints:
     -Royal Fusha
     -Pumpkin
     -Turquoise
     -Spring Green
     -Crocus Yellow
-Glitter:
     -Frost
     -Mint
     -Apricot
-Diamond rhinestones
-Ribbon:
     -Yellow and green poka dots
     -Pink and white stripes
     -Purple wide toole


1 comment: