Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Swedish Folk Art Take 1!


I bought these little unfinished bird houses at the local craft store when they went on sale (70 cents a piece!).  I got one of each style, six in total. 


I LOVE Swedish folk art and have painted it here and there over the years.  I wanted to buy these mini bird houses and try my hand at some free hand.  Here we go.  I love these little buds, so this first house is just that...


I used Ivory, Wedgewood Blue, Poppy Orange, Antique Gold, Leaf and Hunter Green.  All free handed, NO line art...which is what I usually do.  I will sketch lightly in pencil on my piece before I ever put paint to anything.  It is a comfort thing for me...I HATE having to redo anything, and I am the pickiest person I know.  And I think it turned out quite nice.  Simple.  Love it...Wonder who will end up with this cutesy little birdie house???

No comments:

Post a Comment