Friday, March 2, 2012

Lady's Night


I wanted to have a get together with just the girls this month.  I made these simple invitations for the occasion.


I used the Cricut Alphabet and Preserves cartridges.  The invitation is a 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 piece of card stock with the corners rounded.  I like to get those 4 by 6 paper stacks and cut them down to whatever size I need.  Much easier.  The scalloped front of the invitation is from the Cricut Craft Room Basics and is 3 by 5.  I cut out the single and double strawberry to dress up the invite.  Of course I can't do anything without glitter, so I used a sparkles acrylic paint over the "Your Invited".  The strawberries are chalked along the outside edges to give them some depth.  At the bottom of the scalloped rectangle, I used the Cuttlebug and a poka dot embossing folder.  The ribbon is just folded over and stapled on.


I printed a little blurp about the night, my address, the date, and my phone number on the back of the invite.  Turned out pretty cute.  Of course, I am from the south, so it is going to look country no matter what!  Oh if only I had some red and white gingham ribbon...darn!

Materials:

-Cricut Preserves Cartridge
     -10 Single strawberries with layers
     -10 Double strawberries with layers
-Cricut Alphabet Cartridge
     -10 Scalloped 3 by 5 white rectangles
     -10 "Your Invited" words
-10 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 card stock rectangles
-Corner rounder punch
-Brown chalk
-Sparkles paint
-Ribbon
-Stapler
-Cuttlebug poka dot embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment