Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Fun!

What screams Halloween more than witches, candy, and creepy castles?  It was hard for me to choose, so I did a little bit of all three!  Wood Creations sells a lot of pieces that come in groups of three, but also sold separately.  I decided to pick the small witch in the set, the medium candy corn, and the spooky castle that came by itself.  They turned out pretty cute, I especially like the witch.  I wasn't sure how she would turn out, after the battle with the burlap failed! (I wanted to work in some burlap ruffles, but it pretty much fell apart in my hands) 
 

The witch came unfinished in three pieces.  The main body, broomstick handle, and the hat overlay.

 
I painted her with black, leaf green, and wild iris purple.

 
I bought the paper, straw, spider, ribbon, and wire at Wood Creations.  I glued the paper and fringe down first.  I bought the fringe a couple years ago, and decided it would be great to use after the burlap idea was a total fail.  I thought it would spice her up a bit.  I finished off her fringe choker with a rectangle clear rhinestone.  The final thing was the straw hair and broom.  For the hair, I used a line of hot glue, and just shoved the straw in it.  Once both sides were glued down, I gave her a hair cut to even it out.  I did the same thing with the broom, a line of glue, wrapped the wire, then trimmed the broom.  I paint the eyes and chalk the cheeks last on every project, and viola! She was complete!!!
 

 
Next came the castle.  This was the easiest one to do.  It came from the shop unfinished in 8 pieces: 4 windows, the castle, a moon, a door, and a bat.

 
 
I painted the castle and door is wild iris purple, the moon is a light yellow, pumpkin orange for the windows, and black for the bat.


I used a yellow/orange glitter chalk to shade the moon, and purple to trim the bat. 


After gluing the paper down, I edged the castle with tuxedo black, and dark brown on top of that. I used a printed paper on each of the windows, and topped them off, as well as the door with a shimmer glue.  I added rhinestones for the bats eyes and the door knob.


The candy corn turned out too cute!  It came from the shop in 2 pieces.


I painted it light yellow, pumpkin orange, and wicker white.


I glued a printed paper on the molding and added some iridescent chuncky glitter on the top, and finished it off with some ribbon...p.s.  Wood Creations has the best ribbons EVER!


And...TA-DA!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment