Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Last Bit of Easter:)

Before this year I only had two Easter pieces for my house. Both are ceramics that my grandmother made, one in 1982 and the other in 1996. I was definetly in need of a few things. This is the last Easter project, and I think I am set:)

This project is a kit that is made for a shelf. You would switch out the cutesy pieces depending on the season or holiday. I didn't really like the idea of putting this huge box shelf on the wall, but it sure does make for some pretty cute stand alone decorations:) And you get 5 for the price of one...I always like a good deal.

The set included a carrot, bunny, chick, and 2 eggs. Pretty simple but turned out better than I expected...especially since it doesn't have any glitter...and I really likes the glitter:)

Here are the unfinished pieces:




















I painted each piece and decided to use bright pastel papers for the eggs.  I used a light brown ink to edge each of the piece.  Seemed to make the pieces match my house...and as much as I like the glitter, to much can be a bad thing:)



Here are the finished pieces.  I added some ribbon ( I did get some ribbon with glitter poka dots on the little bunny), and a few rhinstones on the chicky.







And that is the last of the Easter crafts...for this year that is!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Easter craft projects. I do not have the steady hand to paint let alone glue designer paper so perfectly. So Why no more craft projects this year? You are really good at doing it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! Can't stop;) that was just the last Easter project for the year;) working on spring and more summer now.

      Delete